FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The following fact sheet is designed to provide answers to some of the more commonly asked questions. Please note down any further questions you may have and bring them to our next meeting.
- What is franchising?
Franchising is about being in business for yourself but not by yourself.
Franchising is where the Franchisor licences the Franchisee the right to distribute and market a product or service, and use their business name and / or trademarks for a fixed period, in return for a fee and a share in the income generated.
Under the Oz Funland franchise system, the Franchisee has the opportunity to conduct a business using the Oz Funland name, system and products.
- What is a franchise?
According to the Franchising Code of Conduct, a business is deemed to be a franchise where:
There is a written, oral or implied agreement;
- One party (the Franchisee) is granted the right to carry on a business of offering, supplying or distributing goods or services under a system or marketing plan, which is substantially determined, controlled or suggested by the other party (the franchisor);
- The operation of the business will be substantially or materially associated with the franchisor’s trademark, advertising or commercial symbol; and
- Before starting or continuing the business, the Franchisee must pay or agree to pay the franchisor an amount, whether an initial fee, ongoing royalty or other payment.
- Why should I choose a franchise instead of starting my own business?
Starting a new business can be risky. By purchasing a franchise, you can reduce the risk to some extent as you are buying a business with an established, successful business system and brand. In addition, you receive comprehensive initial training and ongoing support, advice and training.
- How do I go about becoming an Oz Funland Franchisee?
You have already started the journey. The next thing you must do is complete the Expression of Interest Form on our website. This information will assist us in assessing your suitability as an Oz Funland franchisee. Should you meet our initial criteria, we will provide you with a detailed outline of the steps to be completed in order for you to become a Franchisee.
- Am I required to work in the business?
Yes. At Oz Funland, we believe that the most successful franchises are those which are run by the actual owner. We also believe that the best head-start you can give your business is to commit yourself to it so as you can fully understand every aspect of the operation. It is important that you want to pursue an active involvement in the franchise rather than obtain the franchise purely as an investment opportunity.
- What do I receive for my Initial Fee?
The Initial Franchise Fee is your payment for the grant by us of the right to use the valuable intellectual property, which includes the brand name, operational systems, existing business relationships and the Oz Funland business opportunity.
For the Oz Funland Franchisee, you will receive a comprehensive Training Program on all aspects of your Oz Funland business, customer service techniques including order processing, and hands-on training in the management of the business day to day.
Whilst this training is happening, you will also receive an Initial Marketing Program designed to assist you to establish your Oz Funland Location.
- What happens at the end of the first franchise term?
Provided that you have complied with our policies and procedures during the initial term and notify us of your wish to renew within the required time, you will be able to renew your franchise for a further term. You should be aware there are a number of requirements set out in the Franchise Agreement that need to be met before your franchise can be renewed and you will have to pay the legal costs of arranging the renewal. You also have to sign a new Franchise Agreement which may contain new or altered conditions. If you have proven to be a successful Franchisee, it is in our interests to have you renew. Full details of how this works is included in the Disclosure Document.
- What Locations are available?
We need to assess your suitability to join the Oz Funland franchise network, just as you need to do your own assessment of our suitability to you and your lifestyle. When we are both comfortable to progress, you will be given the opportunity to lock in a particular area providing it is still available. The lock in procedure may be discussed in more detail in the interview stages. Initially we are focussing on Sydney suburbs, but would also entertain applications for regional locations in New South Wales.
- When I open for business, will I be left on my own?
No. When you join Oz Funland we will guide you until you are comfortable with the way you operate your business. Whilst you are a part of the Oz Funland network support is just a phone call away.
- Will I have an opportunity to contribute to the franchise network?
Yes. Our franchise system has been designed to provide all Franchisees with an opportunity to contribute.
- Will I be able to sell my business in the future?
Yes, the franchise is yours to sell under certain conditions, to someone who meets with our approval just as you did, and then continues on with the franchise. This is a very important issue which differentiates owning a franchised business from just holding down a job. The more profitable your business is the greater is its sale value. When you leave a job, the value you have created stays with the company, as a Franchisee, it stays with you.
- Is there any ongoing Franchise Service Fees?
There is an ongoing Franchise Service Fee or Royalty of 7.5% of sales turnover.
- Use of our Oz Funland Branding
- Training and monitoring
- Manual updates
- Access to the Oz Funland range of services, shows and party themes
- Assistance in making your business more effective and profitable
- The benefit of group purchasing power
- Ongoing advice and support
- What is the Marketing Contribution?
There is an ongoing Marketing Contribution of 2.5% of sales turnover. The Franchisor organises marketing and advertising and you should also allocate funds from your turnover to carry out local promotional activity.
- Would an Oz Funland Franchise would suit me and what qualifications do I need?
You don’t need any formal qualifications; you will be trained in all aspects of the business. An Oz Funland Franchise would best suit people who like meeting people, developing repeat business customers, looking after staff and most importantly creating a wonderful fun atmosphere for the kids.
- Why should I become an Oz Funland Franchisee?
Oz Funland has been successfully operating for many years and continues to grow at a healthy rate. Brian Laul, the founder of Oz Funland has been operating in the industry for many years and his creative drive has given pleasure to thousands of kids. We would now like to share our success and knowledge with others through our franchising program.
- Will I have an exclusive Location?
Your chosen location will be based on the potential target market of children in the appropriate age groups. It will be an exclusive marketing territory and the franchisor will not open a competing outlet or franchise another outlet within that territory.
Complete the Expression of Interest form and we will get in touch with you to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
To talk to our Franchise experts directly, contact:
Franchise Systems Group
Phone: 1300 658 311
Mobile: 0417 221 488/p>